Once you receive travel orders, contact the nearest Traffic Management Office (TMO). All official travel will be arranged by TMO in accordance with DoD order of precedence. Additional travel information can be found on Defense Traffic Management Office website.
Dependent(s) must meet the following 2 conditions in order to travel with the sponsor:
Otherwise, DoD members will travel unaccompanied and dependents will follow at a later date. If dependent travel will be delayed beyond 60 days, refer to Military Personnel Flight for active duty or AFPC for civilians to have your PCS orders amended.
Deferred travel orders will be required if dependent travel will be delayed beyond 61+ days after the arrival of sponsor. Once the family members are ready to PCS and have been issued a No-Fee Passport & Italian Visa, the DoD member will receive orders authorizing dependent travel from the closest military installation on or within 60 days of “availability date” on orders. Contact that installation’s TMO to arrange family travel.
All official travel must be arranged by the TMO, Passenger Travel section. Reimbursement of travel costs may not be granted if you self-procure travel without proper authorization specifically stated on official travel orders.
With an IBA, DoD member will, use a Government Travel Card (GTC) to pay for flight plans made at the Commercial Travel Office (CTO). The DoD member will then claim reimbursement by filling out a travel voucher during in-processing in Italy.
NOTE: CTO can book flights to/from alternate ports but you must pay any costs above your travel entitlement.
Use of a Centrally Billed Account (CBA) is authorized when the traveler meets the IBA exemption criteria in the Government Travel Card Regulation DoDI 5154.31, Volume 4, paragraphs 040601 and 040602. Additionally, the use of CBA should be stated on the orders.
NOTE: All authorized travel must go through TMO for review prior to going to CTO.
All travel arrangements must be made through the Traffic Management Office (TMO) at your losing duty station.
- Determine your desired travel dates. Travel is from the airport nearest to your losing duty station (or location on orders) to the port of debarkation (arrival airport) on orders.
TIP: Traveling with Pets? Pre-plan before going to Commercial Travel Office (CTO)
- Visit or contact your CTO (e.g. CWT, Sato Travel) with:
NOTE: To get tickets, dependents names on no-fee passports and PCS orders must be an exact match
- 2 copies of orders with dependents listed
- Dependent No-Fee Passports with Italian Visas
- Date of Birth (DOB) for each passenger
NOTE: Infants will be given their own seat
- Provide the CTO with an email and point of contact
- The CTO will email your reservation (It is not a ticket)
Ask your airline if you can carry certain childcare items onto the plane (i.e. strollers, pack-n-plays, and car seats)
- Hand-carry medical, dental, and school records
- Hand-carry important family documents
- Hand-carry pet documentation, pet food and supplies
- Ensure you have contact info for your overseas sponsor, hotel, etc.
- Sign up for free call/message apps on phone/tablet
- Bring an International adapters (great for overseas layovers)
If you are booking the shuttle from abroad please fill out all travel information below and send back to 31FSS.ITT.AVIANO@us.af.mil. Be sure to provide preferred credit card payment information (full name of cardholder, 16-digit card number, expiry date, CVC/security code, billing zip code, and PIN if required ). Feel free to contact our DSN at 632-3107 or commercial line at 0434-30-3107 with any questions or concerns.
- Notify ITT ASAP of any changes to travel plans via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 011+39 043-430-3107
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and GTC can be used for payment; GTC is reimbursable on travel voucher
- It takes approximately 45 minutes to go through customs, schedule the shuttle accordingly
- Pets: Allow an additional 1 hour minimum to clear customs, schedule shuttle accordingly
- 24/7 service available
- NOTE: The ITT Patriot Shuttle can transport to on or off base destinations.