Members will file their PCS travel voucher during the finance presentation at the Wyvern Weclome. They are required to bring the following documents to ensure a smooth transition:
Complete set of orders, to include all amendments
Receipts (airfare, hotel at ports, shuttle, etc)
788 form/vehicle turn-in form from the VPC (if applicable)
RAP (if applicable)
TLE itemized lodging receipt from your previous base (if applicable)
Marriage Certificate plus 1 copy (if married en route)
Birth Certificate (if not already updated with Finance)
Any other finance questions and/or concerns can be answered using the Comptroller Services Portal (CSP) https://usaf.dps.mil/teams/SAFFMCSP/Portal/SitePages/Home.aspx
If your family needs financial assistance to help pay for travel expenses before you are reimbursed, check out these options:
Government Travel Card (GTC)
- All Airmen on official government travel will be issued a GTC for permissible expenses while on official travel orders. GTCs may not be used while on leave status.
- Unpaid GTC bills charge a $29 late payment fee after it becomes 60 days delinquent. Unpaid GTC bills can impact an Airman’s personal credit score. Consult the unit’s Agency Program Coordinator for details and to be placed in Mission Critical Status prior to departure.
Base Pay Advance
- One month base pay can be advanced less deductions 30 days prior to departure or 60 days after arrival.
- Review all options before taking a PCS pay advance. This must be paid back within 12 months. Certain situations require CC signature. Contact the Finance office for more information.
DoD members are authorized Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) upon arrival and can submit paperwork for every 15 nights of lodging to be reimbursed for meal and/or lodging costs.
Member must file for TLA reimbursement in 15 day increments. To do so provide the Housing Office with copies of the following items:
- Copy of the hotel PAID RECEIPT showing charges for 15 days.
- If residing with a friend you can only claim “meals only”, meal receipts are NOT required.
- Copy of PCS orders and amendments.
- If staying off Base, copy of non-availability statement issued by 31FSS/SVML (Lodging)
- Quarters Visited form found in the “Searching for Home” packet provided by the Housing office.
Member must file for Temporary Quarter Subsidy Allowance (TQSA) reimbursement in 30 day increments.
- Contact Civilian Personnel Office, they will meet with you one-on-one to complete TQSA processing. Phone: +39-0434-30-7291 or DSN: 314-632-7291
- You are authorized TQSA for up to 90 days for temporary quarters
- This includes meals and laundry/dry-cleaning expenses
- You need to extend your lodging reservations every 30 days. Don’t do this on the 30th day as you will be getting a “checkout” notice on that day. Plan in advance.