To stay longer than the tourist time frame, which is 90 days, each sponsored dependent must obtain the following:
How do you get one?
DoD members will receive a Codice Fiscale application at Wyvern Welcome for themselves and their sponsored dependents.
Bring copy of ID cards, no-fee passports, and fill out the form. Housing will collect completed applications/forms during Wyvern Welcome Housing Briefing, and will delivery to the Italian Government issuing Agency. Codice Fiscale will be ready for pick up the following week on Friday afternoon at Housing Office.
A Soggiorno Permit is an authorization from the Italian Government granting non-military members permission to stay in the country for more than 90 days. It is required for ALL Civilians who do not have EU citizenship, REGARDLESS OF AGE, to include: Military Civilian Dependents, Civilian Employees and their Dependent’s, DoDDS, GS Employees, NAF Employees, Contractors, etc. The Soggiorno Permit takes the place of the Mission Visa. The Visa simply gets you into country on mission status, which allows you to apply for your Soggiorno.
You MUST report within 8 working days of entry to the Local Foreign Office Police (QUESTURA). This is done on base with the Soggiorno Liaisons as soon as you receive your Codice Fiscale. A Codice Fiscale is required for everyone 18 years of age and older; you will receive it
a week after you have attended Wyvern Welcome. On rare occasions due to travel, your time on station will already be more than 8 days. This is fine, but it is essential to schedule an appointment with our office as soon as you receive your Codice Fiscale. Do not delay in applying for a Soggiorno.
• Entering the EU Before your Mission Visa is Valid
• Departing the US Without Required Passports/Visa
• Neglecting to Apply for your Soggiorno as Soon as Possible.
• Crossing Borders Without a Valid Soggiorno After Arriving.
• Allowing your Soggiorno to Expire without Renewing
*All These Mistakes Can Lead to you or your Dependent(s) having to return to the US at your own Expense*
• Completed Soggiorno Application
• All Passports with Valid Mission Visa and Stamp from Entering the EU
• Codice Fiscale (18+ years old only)
• Copy Of Orders With Dependent(s) Listed / Contract of Employment and any Amendments
• Note: All Applicants Must be Present to Take Pictures
Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Mon-Fri Closed: Noon – 1 p.m.
DSN/Comm: 632-4806 / 0434-30-4806
You Must Schedule an Appointment, No walk-in customers!